Gas Station Websites
Why do gas station's need website's? Because their hilarliously awful!*


Sunday, January 16, 2005
Allenwood Exxon

I tried. I really did. But I just can't figure out this site. The title of the posting above links to the History page with some lovely midi.

Clicking the "Home" button at the top brings up this page, because it's always good to have your main web page coerce your visitors to upgrade their browsers without any indication of what your site is for.

Of course, the "Click here to enter my site" link is broken.

Okay, now that we have that settled, on to the site.

Click on the map to browse

Clicking on the "map" (which just contains an error message), brings up yet another error message:
Unrecognized format. Unable to locate settings family

I hope someone finds the poor Settings family soon. Susie Settings is afraid of the dark.

I think we also found the source of all the midi that appears on gas station websites from around the world. Thank you, WavQueen.

There's also a Fun Kids' Stuff page. I give up trying to understand this site. This page has more midi, a lot of flashing graphics and a homemade Nickelodeon logo.

Before you return to my cover sheet -- (uh, wait -- you mean this isn't a fax?) -- check out my church! (I'm the organist.) I'm the web coordinator for the church... And the more hits the better. :) Here, lemme help. Click here to go back to the toolbar at the top.

Enough. I give up. No more. Please.

Yes, it's true... I'm a lover of sound. Good sound, preferably. (An example of bad sound might be, say, your stomach growling in the middle of a silent prayer; or perhaps a creaking noise in the attic when you're home alone!)

Gaahhh...



|





Advertise on GSW

 


Previous Posts


Archives

Recognition

Named to the My Yahoo! Editors' Picks
Named a Yahoo! New and Notable Site - 01/14/2005


Links

Listed on Blogwise

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com



*I never thought I had to do this, but I guess I gave some of my readers too much credit. The four (yes, there are four, not one or two like most of the grammar "experts" point out) errors in the tagline are indeed intentional. It's called irony. Thank you. (For those of you that got it, congratulations.)